This past weekend in Los Angeles, on the occasion of its 14th year, Interview teamed up with FYF Fest to create a Portrait Studio for their Artist Garden. The outdoor area served as a living room of sorts for the festival’s lineup—including a concierge and corner-store stocked with must-haves for tour, as well as limited-edition, customized goods provided in partnership with brands like Oliver Peoples, Hudson Jeans, and Happy Socks.
We, of course, were there to capture the musicians while they milled about; many were past subjects of ours, including Little Dragon, Tamaryn, Kirk Knight, and Mac DeMarco, to name a few. In an nod to our founder, we even invited sitters to accessorize with Alain Mikli eyewear from the designer’s archives (Warhol was a fan and sported them in the ’80s). Browse through the above slideshow to see some of these moments, all captured by photographer Lindsey Byrnes.
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- Donna Missal and Shania Twain on Creative Freedom and Owning Their Sexuality
- Talk Hole: The Karen Kolumn