LATE GUEST AT THE PARTY
Interview is eagerly anticipating the release of Italian dance group Late Guest at the Party’s second album. You should be, too, if you’re into Brit-pop-influenced electro (and who isn’t?). Think Blur meets CSS, or perhaps Death From Above 1979 via LCD Soundsystem—the latter of whom the band actually collaborated with on this album.
Although they’ve been around since 2002, Late Guest at the Party wasn’t signed until after BBC Radio One touted their song “We Were Young” as the best demo of 2007. This album is the band’s first to be recorded in the US (2009’s Come Back Bobby Peru was released on Italian indie label 42 Records) and is produced by Chuck Brody, whose past credits include Peter Bjorn and John and the Wu-Tang Clan.
We’re happy to share an exclusive track, “You Make Me,” remixed by DJ Teenwolf (Kevin Ross, formerly of the “dastardly Brooklyn rap group” Ninjasonik).
FOR MORE FROM LATE GUEST AT THE PARTY, VISIT THEIR MYSPACE.
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Mackenzie Davis Reunite for This New Episode of Black Mirror We’re All In
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Thirstory: Lil’ Kim’s Louis Vuitton-Stamped Legacy
- Natalia Dyer Wants More “Horny Girls” Onscreen
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old