In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
Elton John’s collaboration with his partner David Furnish goes well beyond the romantic: in addition to their one-year-old son together, the two run a production studio called Rocket Pictures. Their biggest undertaking so far has been the animated film Gnomeo and Juliet, but there’s more on the horizon for Rocket Pictures: in March, the company bought the rights for children’s novel Will Gallows and the Snake-Bellied Troll, for one thing. More interesting for our purposes, though, is the project the company announced this week: Rocketman, a biopic about—you guessed it—Elton John himself.
Billy Elliot writer Lee Hall will handle the screenplay, and the concept is already being described as a “radically different type of biopic… non-linear and hyper-visual,” with choreographed sequences highlighting John’s biggest hits. But no casting decisions have been announced yet, meaning we can fantasy-cast Rocketman to our heart’s content. Read on to find out our picks for Elton (both young and old), John Lennon, Princess Diana and more.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again