PHOTO COURTESY OF OLLIE UPTON/SHOWTIME.
Nature or nurture, either way we’ve inherited a disgusting amount of baggage from our parents. In Showtime’s new limited series, Patrick Melrose, our November 2017 cover star, Benedict Cumberbatch, plays a character who wants out. He’s desperate to save himself and his kids from the trauma his horribly abusive parents stuck him with.
Based on a set of novels by Edward St. Aubyn, each of the show’s five episodes will depict a different stage in Patrick’s life. The trailer promises lots of snark, drugs, and group therapy as well as comedy and drama from an A-list cast.
Jennifer Jason Leigh and Hugo Weaving star as the awful couple, and David Nicholls provides the script. The series debuts on May 12.
WATCH THE FIRST CLIP BELOW.
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Meet Roberto Lugo, the Potter Making Ceramics of Biggie and Basquiat
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True