Viktor and Rolf’s New Yang
Published November 19, 2009
Viktor & Rolf’s Spring 2010 collection featured a hot pink tulle ball gown with a bite taken out of it and a purple ruff collar to make Queen Elizabeth blush. Not to imply that such a look wasn’t an instant classic, but the Parisian designers have also taken on some staple looks with a soon to be launched capsule collection of five black cocktail dresses.
“Viktor & Rolf Black Dress” sounds simple, but then V&R set out to reinvent the LBD entirely. The looks are heavy on their use of illusion netting and drooping bows. But Miss Havisham, they’re not. All of the garments are cleverly conceived. Some employ hand embroideries, while others rely on ingenius trompe l’oeil tailoring. Timeless was due for an update.
- The Perfect Halloween Costume for Your Sign, According to Benny Drama
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- The Boulet Brothers Spill Their Guts on Everything Scary, from Fake Blood to Jeffrey Toobin
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Jumaane Williams Tells La La Anthony Why He’s “Not Okay”