Besides being the most important film festival in France—and arguably the world—Festival de Cannes is a celebration of glamour, a week on the French Riviera dedicated to showcasing the best in cinema and celebrity style. Amongst the red-carpet premieres, the amfAR gala, and yacht parties, this year’s festival in particular saw old Hollywood glamour making a major comeback. From couture gowns to sultry eyes and finger curls, the women of Cannes sported looks reminiscent of Hollywood royalty like Grace Kelly and Katharine Hepburn—back when going out meant getting gussied up. Click through our slideshow above for a peek at some of our favorite beauty looks from Cannes 2012.
SARAH HOWARD IS THE EDITOR OF BEAUTY BANTER.
- “It’s Embarrassing. We Know.”: How Cazzie David and Lorde Forged a Friendship on the Internet
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Luke Gilford Reimagines the American Cowboy