What Siki Im’s Last Season Reveals for the Next
Published January 14, 2010
Things are moving quickly for Siki Im, who put in time as a designer at Helmut Lang from 2006 to 2009. Just one season after launching his collection, he won the prestigious Ecco Domani prize in the menswear category. During New York Fashion Week, he’ll participate in the combined show of Ecco Domani winners at the tents (February 15). The next day he’ll show solo.
Here’s an exclusive video featuring Siki Im’s Spring 2010 presentation, which the designer insists sowed the seed for Fall. Describing the next step forward from straps and packs and feral masculine chic, the designer says, “The kids from The Lord of The Flies have grown up and are now facing a world of inconsistency and change.” Sounds promising!
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work