ABOVE: BEHIND THE SCENES, ROB PRUITT FOR JIMMY CHOO.
We’ve been anticipating Jimmy Choo’s pop art makeover by its New York-based artist, Rob Pruitt since its announcement last spring, and the result is even more imaginative than we expected. Defining elements of the Cruise 2013 collection, which Jimmy Choo’s creative director Simon Holloway likens to “wearing a piece of New Year’s Eve on your foot,” are similar to the elements that define Pruitt’s own artwork. There is plenty of glitter, sprinkles, vibrant degrade color, and panda motifs.
Pruitt whimsically transforms Jimmy Choo’s classic Anouk pump with the fashion version of a contemporary mixed media piece —lace, zebra, neon, and pandas dominating a shoe that usually appears in an office-appropriate solid black leather state. The bold advertising campaign, shot by Sølve Sundsbø, features psychedelic black and white lineal patterns, further emphasizing Pruitt’s colorful creations.
Jimmy Choo x Rob Pruitt is comprised of 18 items including scarves, smoking flats, clutches, and keychains and is currently available for preorder from Jimmy Choo’s website.
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Nikita Dragun Does Her Own Slaying
- Matilda De Angelis on Her First Onscreen Kiss—with Nicole Kidman
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season