As he readies to open a new store in his former hometown of Los Angeles, the great fashion and furniture designer Rick Owens talks about putting his image, and his droll sense of humor, in clear view, both in his stores, and at the forefront of his ever-expanding brand. I also ask him how he has channeled curiosity about his relationship with his wife and collaborator Michele Lamy (Rick was introduced to Michelle more than 20 years ago through his then-boyfriend; the two were married in 2006) to give example or comfort to others—that, in love and life, anything is possible. It has been an interesting year for Rick, one of movement and change, and, maybe, one in which he discovered the point of it all.
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward