Richard Kern Shoots (Lissy Trullie for Herve Leger)
Published July 20, 2009
Richard Kern is best known for taking clothes off young women before he photographs them. So Max Azria for Hervé Leger’s decision to have Kern photograph their Fall 2009 advertisements is somewhat of a contrarian stance. But Kern was well-matched for leggy, androgynous New York-based singer-songwriter Lissy Trullie, the muse and advertorial star of the collection.
Kern also directed avideo of Trullie’s cover of “Ready for the Floor,” originally by Hot Chip. The clothes make another appearance in front on Lissy Trullie, in front of graffiti, and in puce-colored rooms. Bondage, lace, and booties—sounds more like Kern than we’d thought!
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Mel Ottenberg and Jeremy O. Harris in Paris: An Honest Conversation About the World’s Most Polarizing TV Show