Rag & Bone Get Colonial on the LES
Published July 23, 2010
“I think a lot of our customers live and work in the Lower East Side, and we like the idea of shopping locally. And it’s such a great location, it made sense to open there for the rag & bone/JEAN line,” says David Neville, co-designer with Marcus Wainwright of rag & bone.
The new rag & bone/JEAN shop is the first to carry only the label’s ready-to-wear lines of high-end basics. Opening today in the former Cafe Colonial space on East Houston, the new shop has smoothly transitioned into the location. “When we looked at the space, we tried to think of how we could work with it, instead of imposing some kind of ‘flagship store concept.’ So we kept a lot of the original features, like the pushed-tin ceiling and some of the fixtures, and turned what was formerly the kitchen space into a separate shoe shop,” Wainwright says. Accessories like scarves, gloves and bags are sprinkled throughout the store, but the shoe shop in the separate room is the highlight.
RAG & BONE/JEAN IS LOCATED AT 73 EAST HOUSTON STREET, AND OPENS TODAY.
- A Truly Bonkers Conversation Between Lisa Kudrow and Lily Tomlin
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True