Raf Simons knows how to twist and turn; and just because he’s now Christian Dior’s women’s Creative Director—and presenting his first haute couture show for the house next week—doesn’t mean he’s not a rebel at heart. In a season of shorts, Raf managed to put a bad-boy tweak in his iteration, just by adding a teasing mini-slit up the front of the thigh. Add to this, tunic T-shirts in crazy face prints, loud pink and orange nylon blousons, punky asymetrical fringe hair, and big, pointy-collared baby shirts, and you have a intriguingly off-kilter look for Summer 2013. But for those who really want to flaunt their duality, Simons’ lab coats with billowy Raggedy Ann floral-print dress backs are just the thing.
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Hillbilly Elegy Is an Accidental Camp Masterpiece