What’s more Italian than a cup of espresso? A cup of espresso with the Duomo di Milano on it and designed by Emilio Pucci, perhaps. The Florence based fashion house has teamed up with coffee brand Illy for a series of limited edition coffee cups featuring prints taken from Pucci’s hand-drawn “Cities of the World” scarf prints. The Emilio Pucci-Illy Art Collection set features six colorful and roughly sketched cityscape designs—Florence, Milan, Rome, New York, London, and Paris—wrapped around the iconic espresso cup, as well as around cappuccino cups and mugs. Though Illy is known for their collaborations with contemporary artists, this is the first time they’re working with a fashion brand. From high fashion to coffee culture, we think that the espresso cup is a pretty natural meeting place for these two purveyors of the Italian aesthetic.
THE EMILIO PUCCI-ILLY ART COLLABORATION CUPS ARE AVAILABLE NOW AT ILLY SHOPS AND SELECT DESIGN STORES AROUND THE WORLD.
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Meet Roberto Lugo, the Potter Making Ceramics of Biggie and Basquiat
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True