We just gave you a recap of Paris Fashion Week face trends, and now it’s time for the hair. With side parts and updos, Paris runway hair “is where we step out a bit more and really push the envelope,” says Guido, the Redken Creative Consultant (and Interview subject) who is responsible for taming the tresses at YSL, Balenciaga, Lanvin, Nina Ricci, among others. Guido continues: “This Spring/Summer 2012 season was more about natural beauty, which we saw reinvented in modern ways. Each city (New York, Milan, and Paris) has a different personality—in New York we generally see more natural and sporty hair; in Milan, it is very rich feeling.”
Click through the above slideshow for Guido’s top trends and the runways that flaunted them.
SARAH HOWARD IS THE EDITOR OF BEAUTY BANTER. ALL IMAGES COURTESY OF REDKEN.
- Ask a Sane Person: Daniel Mendelsohn on “The New 1930s” and Schitt’s Creek
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun