Most Wanted: Mary Katrantzou O’Hara Dress
Published April 15, 2014
Bright prints and sequin appliqué are tricky things, but in the hands of Greek designer Mary Katrantzou, what could be twee or garish becomes playful and cool. Falling mid-thigh, and with a racerback, the above O’Hara dress from Katrantzou easily integrates pale orange, lilac, turquoise, and buttercup yellow, as if such disparate colors were an obvious match. We’d wear it to a summer evening garden party with loose hair and flat sandals, or to dinner with a ’60s bouffant bun and oversized pearl earrings. Priced at $2,980 and available online at Mary Katrantzou.
Most Wanted runs every Tuesday. For more, click here.
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Donna Missal and Shania Twain on Creative Freedom and Owning Their Sexuality
- Talk Hole: The Karen Kolumn
- Thirstory: That Time Madonna Was Almost Arrested for Simulating Masturbation