The magic carpet’s come down to earth—but just barely. Maison Martin Margiela’s bootie, debuted in Paris this past September, seems to have been on its way to mod—chunky heel, rounded toe, ankle height, swirling pattern—but a funky thing happened on the way to the forum. Psychedelia meets, well, an oriental rug, in this oddly functional statement shoe. Perhaps the only truly bizarre thing about this shoe is its placement in a spring/summer collection: the bold bootie works more elegantly with autumnal and wintery palettes.
This Most Wanted item was selected by Interview market assistant Alexa Lanza.
- Ask a Sane Person: Daniel Mendelsohn on “The New 1930s” and Schitt’s Creek
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November