The magic carpet’s come down to earth—but just barely. Maison Martin Margiela’s bootie, debuted in Paris this past September, seems to have been on its way to mod—chunky heel, rounded toe, ankle height, swirling pattern—but a funky thing happened on the way to the forum. Psychedelia meets, well, an oriental rug, in this oddly functional statement shoe. Perhaps the only truly bizarre thing about this shoe is its placement in a spring/summer collection: the bold bootie works more elegantly with autumnal and wintery palettes.
This Most Wanted item was selected by Interview market assistant Alexa Lanza.
- “It’s Embarrassing. We Know.”: How Cazzie David and Lorde Forged a Friendship on the Internet
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Luke Gilford Reimagines the American Cowboy