Only the finest of things are granted universally recognized acronyms, and the LBD is no exception. Though a quick Google search reveals that the shorthand also serves as the code for the Khudzhand Airport, to most the LBD is that mystical item that hangs in one’s closet, waiting to rescue its owner from outfit indecision. Like most staple articles of clothing, some LBDs are simply better than others. Case in point: this frock by Christopher Kane. Its cinched waist flatters any figure, and an unexpected cutout grants the ideal amount of sex appeal. They’ll hate to see you go, but they’ll love to watch you leave. Priced at $1,195 and available at Barneys.
THIS MOST WANTED ITEM WAS SELECTED BY INTERVIEW ASSISTANT MARKET EDITOR STEPHANIE STRAUSS.
Most Wanted runs every Tuesday. For more, click here.
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Daniel Mendelsohn on “The New 1930s” and Schitt’s Creek
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun