Published June 20, 2009
The first show of the Milan men’s season was Ermenegildo Zegna, where I sat next to Anna Zegna and we chatted about the looks as they came down the runway. She called out the thinly washed leather trench and the new silk, linen, and wool blend fabric which was used to create a very monochromatic elegant man from “Punta del Este.” There was a strong Latin gentleman look from the 40’s—although I had him pegged more Cubano.
Then on to Dolce & Gabbana, who looked to glamorize men with sequins, beads, and a constellation of Swarovski crystals, all of which were embroidered on to evening jackets, shirts, and just about everything else. These clothes were made for Italian happy hour—a new, popular custom in Milan—and club hopping in Ibiza, all with the help of the new Dolce “It” accessory, the Mutch (male clutch). As well as their’s and Madona’s appointed “It” boy, Jesus Luz, joined a bevy of male supermodels walking the show.
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- “The Spectacle Can Never Be Trauma”: Nia DaCosta and Taika Waititi on Exorcism Through Art
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- A no-nonsense conversation between Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Kerry Washington
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation