ABOVE: MICHAEL PITT SHOT BY DAVID SIMS FOR THE S/S 2012 PRADA CAMPAIGN.
We had some questions when we heard that Michael Pitt was the new face of Prada’s Spring/Summer menswear collection. Pitt has made a career of being anti-fashion and, perhaps because he often plays misfits and murders, something about the actor seems a little too unkempt and rebellious—more grunge beatnik than preening Prada-man. The above behind the scenes video of the campaign, however, has convinced us otherwise. As Martin Scorsese remarked when he interviewed the actor for us in August of 2010, Pitt “cleans up nicely—very nicely.” Shot by photographer David Sims, Michael easily channels the aloof ’50s heartthrob—hair slicked back as he plays guitar, chews a toothpick and boxes in a series of sunglasses, James Dean jackets, Buddy Holly suits and Hawaiian shirts. It is Pitt’s peculiar persona that makes him perfect for this part, reminding us that Prada is more than a luxury label; it’s clever, playful, inventive. Not a bad match after all.
- Like Everyone Else, Mackenzie Davis and Charlize Theron Discuss Happiest Season
- Adam Sandler Interviews Aubrey Plaza About Her Mind-Blowing New Role
- Kaley Cuoco and David Spade on Flight Attendants, Bad Reviews, and Fake Feuds
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Nick Kroll and Seth Rogen Trade Summer Camp Horror Stories