You would never guess that Marloes Horst grew up in the countryside of Holland, given that the Dutch model has become so influential in the cosmopolitan world of high fashion. Horst, who is represented by Next Models, has been featured in advertising campaigns with Valentino and Stella McCartney, walked the runway for Prada and Chanel, and is a Victoria’s Secret regular. On her own time, though, the 25-year-old is perfectly content in a pair of jeans and a simple lip stain, telling us that her style catchphrase of choice is the timeless “beauty comes from within.”
As the new face of Maybelline New York, Horst joins an iconic group of spokeswomen for the brand, including Christy Turlington, who has inspired Horst since the early days of her career. “I always thought the Calvin Klein ads with Christy Turlington and Kate Moss defined what a beautiful women was and is,” she tells us. “The simplicity in them makes them so strong, so being associated with Christy for Maybelline is a surreal experience.” Horst’s first act as spokeswoman? Now her mom has to wear Maybelline.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Our Once and Future President, Answers 21 Questions from Her Famous Friends
- Lil Tracy and Ishmael Butler Have a Father and Son Heart-to-Heart
- The One Where Jennifer Aniston Gets Grilled by Sandra Bullock
- Talk Hole: Zooming Through the Quarantine with Jeremy O. Harris
- Ed Templeton and William Strobeck On Skateboarding and Sweaters