Lindsey Wixson is Unstoppable
Published January 12, 2011
WIXSON’S MCQUEEN CAMPAIGN (LEFT) AND AN OPENING CEREMONY LOOK.
This week, 16-year-old Kansas native Lindsey Wixson continues her quest for total fashion-world domination: just yesterday, we learned that she is the new face of Alexander McQueen (in the first campaign since the designer’s death last year). The ad posted by The Fashion Spot [above left] is beautiful, haunting, and perfectly in keeping with the McQueen spirit. And today brings the news that Terry Richardson shot Wixson for Opening Ceremony’s Spring ’11 lookbook, in which she looks happy and fresh (and just a little sexy).
This, of course, is in addition to walking in billions of runway shows and pouting for Versace’s Vanitas fragrance, among other endeavors. Could it be that Wixson has finally overtaken Lara Stone as the most-desired model in the “lissome, gap-toothed” category? More importantly, will someone please book the two of them together for an editorial?
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Mel Ottenberg and Jeremy O. Harris in Paris: An Honest Conversation About the World’s Most Polarizing TV Show