Lindsey Wixson is Unstoppable
Published January 12, 2011
WIXSON’S MCQUEEN CAMPAIGN (LEFT) AND AN OPENING CEREMONY LOOK.
This week, 16-year-old Kansas native Lindsey Wixson continues her quest for total fashion-world domination: just yesterday, we learned that she is the new face of Alexander McQueen (in the first campaign since the designer’s death last year). The ad posted by The Fashion Spot [above left] is beautiful, haunting, and perfectly in keeping with the McQueen spirit. And today brings the news that Terry Richardson shot Wixson for Opening Ceremony’s Spring ’11 lookbook, in which she looks happy and fresh (and just a little sexy).
This, of course, is in addition to walking in billions of runway shows and pouting for Versace’s Vanitas fragrance, among other endeavors. Could it be that Wixson has finally overtaken Lara Stone as the most-desired model in the “lissome, gap-toothed” category? More importantly, will someone please book the two of them together for an editorial?
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Daniel Mendelsohn on “The New 1930s” and Schitt’s Creek
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November