We get that Kris Van Assche knows a thing or two about tailoring, but now he’s diving head-first into American classics—first creating durable carryalls with Eastpak and now working with American heritage brand Lee. Debuted on his Fall 2012 runway, Van Assche revisits Lee’s archival workwear silhouettes. The collection consists of five pieces—five-pocket trouser, chino pant, denim jacket, jean shirt, and denim blouson—available in two colors, blue and dark brown.
“Collaborations are all about doing the right things with the right people. They should offer new possibilities and products, while staying close to the brands’ identities,” says Van Assche. “This is the case with Lee.” The collection rounds out the KRIS VAN ASSCHE fall ’12 collection. “It was therefore inspired by the same theme and uses the same color palette as the catwalk show,” he says.
Available July 2012 in select LEE and KRIS VAN ASSCHE retailers.
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse