Published May 24, 2010
Gingham is here to stay. This retro, picnic-inspired pattern is once again transforming boring silhouettes into modern must-haves. For example, Christopher Kane’s gingham print dress ($2292 at My Theresa) is one of my favorites for the summer season. The bustier top and cut out back is a modern and feminine approach to the wide checker print. Since I am constantly looking for ways to update my professional wardrobe, I jump at interesting blouses and button-ups. For a boy-friend fit, I like GAP’s wide gingham print button up ($44.50 at GAP). It gives me the option to stay casual by rolling the sleeves, and the lightweight material is perfect for warm weather. To add pattern to the lower half, try these A.P.C. shorts ($90 at Barneys). The print and fit remind me of a ’50s beach scene–a perfect summer vision.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- What Is Magic? Keiynan Lonsdale and Jacob Collier Look to Art for Answers
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up