Published May 24, 2010
Gingham is here to stay. This retro, picnic-inspired pattern is once again transforming boring silhouettes into modern must-haves. For example, Christopher Kane’s gingham print dress ($2292 at My Theresa) is one of my favorites for the summer season. The bustier top and cut out back is a modern and feminine approach to the wide checker print. Since I am constantly looking for ways to update my professional wardrobe, I jump at interesting blouses and button-ups. For a boy-friend fit, I like GAP’s wide gingham print button up ($44.50 at GAP). It gives me the option to stay casual by rolling the sleeves, and the lightweight material is perfect for warm weather. To add pattern to the lower half, try these A.P.C. shorts ($90 at Barneys). The print and fit remind me of a ’50s beach scene–a perfect summer vision.
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Mel Ottenberg and Jeremy O. Harris in Paris: An Honest Conversation About the World’s Most Polarizing TV Show