Hipster Hair: A Love Story
Published March 30, 2011
Isn’t spring the time to reinvent oneself? How about a new hairstyle? We called on Kevin Murphy, master and stylist of Kevin Murphy hair products, for some A-list advice on the top four hipster hairstyles of the season (the fifth style, naturally, is just never showering). Kevin has worked with famed shutterbugs Patrick Demarchelier, Robert Erdman, and Richard Bailey, and has created styles for international editions of Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, Vanity Fair, and InStyle, so we trust his professional wisdom and expertise.
Click through the slideshow above for some hair inspiration the latest hipster styles and the leading ladies who wear them best. We’ve got looks by everyone from Beyonce (hipster—what? Believe it!) to Kate Moss and Emma Watson. The new you is just a click away.
SARAH HOWARD IS THE EDITOR OF BEAUTY BANTER.
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Daniel Mendelsohn on “The New 1930s” and Schitt’s Creek
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November