FKA twigs dropped the second issue of her digital zine today.
Published entirely as an Instagram slideshow, issue two of AVANTgarden features trippy images of models draped in sheets and silky pajamas, woven with lines of a poem authored by FKA twigs herself.
Titled “Dream Warrior,” the issue also serves as a campaign for the singer’s new line clothing line. Her first issue, “Roots. Shock. Beauty.,” was a study in braided hairstyles.
As media companies collapse all around us, FKA twigs is pushing an innovative digital publishing format, using Instagram as the singular medium of distribution for each zine.
Created in collaboration with a photography and fashion team which includes the likes of teenage wunderkind photographer David Uzochukwu, AVANTgarden offers an unexpected path forward for millennial “magazines.”
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Talk Hole: The Karen Kolumn
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- Shayne Oliver Tells Kanye West that He Won’t Be Rushed into Creating the Future of Streetwear