After 12 years at the label, and eight years as creative director, Stefano Pilati is leaving Yves Saint Laurent. Fall 2012 was Pilati’s last collection for YSL, and thus it is only appropriate that we choose a Pilati-YSL look for our first Paris First Dibs. We love the leather details—the collar, belt and cuffs—the draped fur and the contrast of the red-black lipstick, black ensemble and pale skin. We’re sad to see Pilati leave, but excited for what he’ll do next and if anyone is going to replace Pilati, at least it is Hedi Slimane.
This First Dibs item was selected by Interview fashion assistant Stephanie Strauss.
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- Hillbilly Elegy Is an Accidental Camp Masterpiece
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old