Roland Mouret knows how to make a girl look good: a skinny belt emphasizing a small waist, fitted shoulders. It’s now one of his signature styles, and when Mouret’s galaxy dress was first introduced in 2006, it dominated the red carpet for a full year. Mouret’s Resort 2015 collection, which debuted yesterday in London, is a particularly appealing display of the designer’s strengths: an array of slim, elegant, color-blocked silk dresses in pale pink, creamsicle orange, and turquoise. The above look in particular caught our eye. The gingham jacket reminds us a little of Catherine Deneuve in The Umbrellas of Cherbourg—chic and playful, with a dash of capricious innocence. The perforated, cream handbag; tangerine-tipped shoes; cool-girl, oversized sunglasses; and bare-shoulder, turquoise and white dress add an adult edge to the outfit for a look that is whimsical, but never twee.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Armchair Traveler: Rethinking Painting
- “I Was Born for This Time”: Angelica Ross Is Black, Trans, and Fearless
- “Everything Changed the Day The Chicks Interviewed Haim”
- Jessie Ware Tells Róisín Murphy About Her New Album: “I Want People to Want to Have Sex”
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again