For their Spring/Summer 2015 collection, Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez of Proenza Schouler sent an updated version of American sportswear down the runway. This look epitomizes their sexy, chic and urban interpretation of the classic—and often staid—argyle sweater and tweed skirt ensemble. The diamond-shaped cut-outs stop the navy blue and black sweater from looking conservative. The grey tweed skirt slowly devolves into an ankle-length fringe, revealing white snake-skin sandals on the model’s feet. This is what to wear when you want to be covered in fabric, while still casually revealing a modest share of skin.
THIS FIRST DIBS LOOK WAS SELECTED BY INTERVIEW MARKET EDITOR GABRIELLE PRESCOD.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- “Everyone Is in for a Mind-Blowing Time”: A Not-So-Serious Guide to Surviving Mercury in Retrograde
- “I Was Born for This Time”: Angelica Ross Is Black, Trans, and Fearless
- Glam is the Chinese restaurant rager where Timothée Chalamet and Cardi B hang out
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- “Everything Changed the Day The Chicks Interviewed Haim”