For their Spring/Summer 2015 collection, Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez of Proenza Schouler sent an updated version of American sportswear down the runway. This look epitomizes their sexy, chic and urban interpretation of the classic—and often staid—argyle sweater and tweed skirt ensemble. The diamond-shaped cut-outs stop the navy blue and black sweater from looking conservative. The grey tweed skirt slowly devolves into an ankle-length fringe, revealing white snake-skin sandals on the model’s feet. This is what to wear when you want to be covered in fabric, while still casually revealing a modest share of skin.
THIS FIRST DIBS LOOK WAS SELECTED BY INTERVIEW MARKET EDITOR GABRIELLE PRESCOD.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Jane Fonda and June Diane Raphael Are Fighting for the Future
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Our Once and Future President, Answers 21 Questions from Her Famous Friends
- The One Where Jennifer Aniston Gets Grilled by Sandra Bullock
- Lil Tracy and Ishmael Butler Have a Father and Son Heart-to-Heart
- Ed Templeton and William Strobeck On Skateboarding and Sweaters