Alessandro Dell’Acqua’s collections are always full of contradictions; the designer loves to play up boyish charms in girlish fabrics. Fall/Winter 2014 was no exception. Menswear-inspired silhouettes were covered with luscious prints and pretty embellishments, and models sported pared-down makeup and hair—as if they were tomboys rebelling against a mother’s will to make her daughters “pretty.” Look 16 stood out, with the rich tweed coat in forest green and whimsical rain boots. Paired with the embellished backpack, the model looks as if she is on her way to school—bookishly cute yet wildly disobedient.
THIS FIRST DIBS ITEM WAS SELECTED BY INTERVIEW ASSISTANT MARKET EDITOR STEPHANIE STRAUSS.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Donna Missal and Shania Twain on Creative Freedom and Owning Their Sexuality
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- Thirstory: Getting Down and Dirty with Zac Efron