Fall is usually our favorite season, but this look from Miu Miu’s Spring 2013 show is complicating things. We can’t help but think it’s totally autumnal: the stole, gloves, and full-length satin coat beg to be worn to the opera—an eccentric update on the society lady’s theatergoing uniform. If the legs and leather are a little too much for the Met, they’d fit right in at any of the season’s art auctions and exhibit openings. It’s the perfect outfit for the mysterious dark-horse buyer who goes home with a Pre-Raphaelite masterpiece. We’re not sure we can enjoy the next few months if we have to spend them without this look.
This First Dibs look was chosen by Interview assistant market editor Stephanie Strauss.
For more First Dibs, click here.
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse