Maison Martin Margiela already occupies the popular conscious—for us, at least, it conjures vicarious memories of weekends in Paris with Jay-Z and Kanye (and Kanye’s jacket). The label’s new line of perfumes, however, promises to tap into other collective memories. We’re calling first dibs on the new Replica collection, which Margiela will release in July. With three scents—Flower Market, Beach Walk, and Funfair Evening—the collection recalls all the highlights of a sauntering summer day without the soil, sand, or sweaty crowds. These references may be less extravagant than afternoons at Le Meurice with Ye and Jay, but certainly no less pleasant. Actually, the Maison’s perfumer Jacques Cavallier says that his Flower Market fragrance was inspired by a walk through the city in the summer of 2011. Coincidence? We think not.
This first dibs was chosen by Interview market assistant Alexa Lanza.
- Adam Sandler Interviews Aubrey Plaza About Her Mind-Blowing New Role
- Like Everyone Else, Mackenzie Davis and Charlize Theron Discuss Happiest Season
- Kaley Cuoco and David Spade on Flight Attendants, Bad Reviews, and Fake Feuds
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Nick Kroll and Seth Rogen Trade Summer Camp Horror Stories