Late last month, the fashion flock descended on Rio for Louis Vuitton’s Resort collection, held at Oscar Niemeyer’s flying saucer-esque architectural feat, the Niterói Contemporary Art Museum. The jet-setting was appropriate. Number 14 from Nicolas Ghesquière’s 60-look, futuristic-sporty-inflected outing is our pick for an impromptu getaway. The Western-style patchwork leather and suede mini-shirtdress, cinched with a colorful D-ring logo belt, and paired with a new iteration of the Speedy Bag, in neon check and an Alex Israel-like sunset ombré, gives enough look for the Tarmac (and final destination) without sacrificing comfort and mobility. Too bad we have to wait until they land in stores.
First Dibs runs on Fridays. For more, click here.
- Ask a Sane Person: Daniel Mendelsohn on “The New 1930s” and Schitt’s Creek
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun