Late last month, the fashion flock descended on Rio for Louis Vuitton’s Resort collection, held at Oscar Niemeyer’s flying saucer-esque architectural feat, the Niterói Contemporary Art Museum. The jet-setting was appropriate. Number 14 from Nicolas Ghesquière’s 60-look, futuristic-sporty-inflected outing is our pick for an impromptu getaway. The Western-style patchwork leather and suede mini-shirtdress, cinched with a colorful D-ring logo belt, and paired with a new iteration of the Speedy Bag, in neon check and an Alex Israel-like sunset ombré, gives enough look for the Tarmac (and final destination) without sacrificing comfort and mobility. Too bad we have to wait until they land in stores.
First Dibs runs on Fridays. For more, click here.
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- Anna Khachiyan Shares Her Gut Reactions On Everything From Toxic Masculinity to ‘Vanderpump Rules’
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress