In Riccardo Tisci’s Fall 2014 collection of loud, attention-grabbing animal prints, this subtle beauty stands apart. It’s wearable, sophisticated, and elegant; the marriage of luxurious fur and delicate lace ensures a certain opulence. The plum, jewelled necklace contrasts strikingly against the earthy brown of the gown’s bodice, giving the piece an almost whimsical, woodsy feel. Our favorite detail, however, is the set of gold-cuffed, sheer gloves—we’d pair them with black jeans and a tailored blazer to add edginess to a casual look.
THIS FIRST DIBS ITEM WAS SELECTED BY INTERVIEW ASSISTANT MARKET EDITOR STEPHANIE STRAUSS.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Donna Missal and Shania Twain on Creative Freedom and Owning Their Sexuality
- Talk Hole: The Karen Kolumn
- Thirstory: That Time Madonna Was Almost Arrested for Simulating Masturbation