You oversleep. You haven’t washed your hair, and you’re supposed to be at work in 15 minutes. From work, it’s straight on to drinks, dinner, a party—people. Little black dresses are made for these mornings, and this Chloé number is a great example. Grab a cashmere cardigan and you’re ready for work; slip on some sky-high wedges, let down your hair, and smudge your eyeliner and you’re ready to the play the girl about town.
“Wearable” and “chic” are two of the most sought-after and over-used adjectives in fashion, but Clare Waight Keller’s fourth collection might merit both. Filled with brogues, booties, stiff navy coats, and smock-fronted dresses and blouses with golden buttons, it’s the perfect way to perk you up and prevent a bad morning from ballooning into a bad day.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Daniel Mendelsohn on “The New 1930s” and Schitt’s Creek
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun