If anything is going to make us jump on the bra-as-outwear trend, it’s the cinched proportions and embellished silk and duchesse satin featured in Aquilano.Rimondi’s Spring 2014 collection. Inspired by Gauguin’s infatuation with primitivism, the Italian designers juxtaposed theories of Tahitian bliss with soft, European luxury. The result is both quirky and seductive—abstractions of an island.
THIS FIRST DIBS WAS SELECTED BY INTERVIEW FASHION ASSISTANT HOLLIE VAN OSENBRUGGEN.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Comedian Eric Andre Tells Us Why We Need to “Pop the Zit” of Police Brutality
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- What Is Magic? Keiynan Lonsdale and Jacob Collier Look to Art for Answers
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans