It’s nearly impossible to imagine a time without Alexander Wang outfitting the fashion pack, but in 2005, the ubiquitous downtown designer and former Balenciaga creative director debuted his first collection after only two years at Parsons. In honor of the brand’s 10th anniversary, a capsule collection that includes 10 of Wang’s most beloved pieces will be rereleased early next month. Each piece was selected by fans of the brand, who voted on AlexanderWang.com using the hashtag #WANG10. Our pick is the slinky, geometric embellished mesh minidress that walked in Wang’s Spring 2009 collection. We missed getting our hands on it the first time around, so it’s overdue that we call First Dibs.
The collection is now available for pre-order at Alexander Wang Stores and on www.alexanderwang.com and www.colette.fr. Starting September 7th, the capsule collection will be available exclusively in Alexander Wang stores.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again