It’s nearly impossible to imagine a time without Alexander Wang outfitting the fashion pack, but in 2005, the ubiquitous downtown designer and former Balenciaga creative director debuted his first collection after only two years at Parsons. In honor of the brand’s 10th anniversary, a capsule collection that includes 10 of Wang’s most beloved pieces will be rereleased early next month. Each piece was selected by fans of the brand, who voted on AlexanderWang.com using the hashtag #WANG10. Our pick is the slinky, geometric embellished mesh minidress that walked in Wang’s Spring 2009 collection. We missed getting our hands on it the first time around, so it’s overdue that we call First Dibs.
The collection is now available for pre-order at Alexander Wang Stores and on www.alexanderwang.com and www.colette.fr. Starting September 7th, the capsule collection will be available exclusively in Alexander Wang stores.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- “It’s Embarrassing. We Know.”: How Cazzie David and Lorde Forged a Friendship on the Internet