“I didn’t want to do ‘big’ gowns. I wanted energy without froth,” Sarah Burton said of her Alexander McQueen S/S 2014 collection. With metal accents, armor helmets, and incredibly intricate structures, Burton achieved just what she wanted, especially with the above dress. Even though it’s far from a traditional evening gown, it’s perfect for those who are willing to make a statement. We would ditch the helmet and a few arm cuffs (perhaps settling for two, maybe three) and trade in the patterned leggings for bare legs or sheer black tights. But if you’re going for the full McQueen effect, please go ahead and wear the complete runway look.
THIS FIRST DIBS ITEM WAS SELECTED BY INTERVIEW ASSISTANT MARKET EDITOR STEPHANIE STRAUSS.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- What Is Magic? Keiynan Lonsdale and Jacob Collier Look to Art for Answers
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected