All the Real Girls: Fashion Week Hair Inspiration
Published September 14, 2011
Runway hair is an art form. It’s a display of beautiful creations, from fishtails to “après-swim” buns. But unlike the theatrics of runway makeup, which this season means raccoon eyes and inch-wide eyebrows, hair has to be “wear”-able. Most of the hair this season you see on the runway is something you’d actually want to style on your own strands. We chose some of our favorite ‘dos from New York Fashion Week Spring 2012 and sought out the inspiration behind the locks. Click the slideshow above to get soundbites, from Marchesa to Marc Jacobs.
SARAH HOWARD IS THE EDITOR OF BEAUTY BANTER.
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Meet Roberto Lugo, the Potter Making Ceramics of Biggie and Basquiat