Fall 2011 Beauty Recap: The Four Hair Trends to Know
Published March 10, 2011
Fashion Month is officially over! We went from New York to London to Milan and finished off in Paris—and nothing screams fashion week like runway hair. Outrageous, at times unwearable, but always ingenious and incredibly artistic.
To sum up the hair trends for Fall 2011, we asked Redken Creative Consultant Guido, who worked on a plethora of shows including Jean Paul Gaultier, Akris, Loewe, Sonia Rykiel, and Céline, to weigh in. “This season was about empowering women to explore different sides of their personalities—almost like characters playing roles,” says Guido. “There are four stand-out trends, and a woman could wear all of them depending on what she wants to portray on a given day. She can also play with further personalizing a look by adding layers to frame the face or pulling out pieces of hair around from a style.” Check out all four trends out in our slideshow, above.
SARAH HOWARD IS THE EDITOR OF BEAUTY BANTER.
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Mel Ottenberg and Jeremy O. Harris in Paris: An Honest Conversation About the World’s Most Polarizing TV Show