Fall 2011 Beauty Recap: The Four Hair Trends to Know
Published March 10, 2011
Fashion Month is officially over! We went from New York to London to Milan and finished off in Paris—and nothing screams fashion week like runway hair. Outrageous, at times unwearable, but always ingenious and incredibly artistic.
To sum up the hair trends for Fall 2011, we asked Redken Creative Consultant Guido, who worked on a plethora of shows including Jean Paul Gaultier, Akris, Loewe, Sonia Rykiel, and Céline, to weigh in. “This season was about empowering women to explore different sides of their personalities—almost like characters playing roles,” says Guido. “There are four stand-out trends, and a woman could wear all of them depending on what she wants to portray on a given day. She can also play with further personalizing a look by adding layers to frame the face or pulling out pieces of hair around from a style.” Check out all four trends out in our slideshow, above.
SARAH HOWARD IS THE EDITOR OF BEAUTY BANTER.
- Comedian Eric Andre Tells Us Why We Need to “Pop the Zit” of Police Brutality
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again