Fashion Month continues with London Fashion Week, and Interview‘s seasoned gang of photographers are backstage and front row at our favorite shows. Check in daily and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for the latest updates.
London Fashion Week’s advantage over its New York, Milan, and Paris counterparts is simple: in London, there is youthful experimentation. With the mass-exodus of the more established British designers—with the exception of Burberry, they are still too afraid to show at the “overlooked” fashion week—there is no old guard or staid establishment sucking up all the attention. Fashion East is a good example of London’s spirit. Each season, the 15-year-old non-profit hosts a combination of runway shows and presentations for emerging womenswear and menswear brands. The list of alumni is impressive, and includes Jonathan Saunders, House of Holland, Gareth Pugh, Marios Schwab, Roksanda Ilincic, and Meadham Kirchhoff, among many others.
For Fall/Winter 2015, Fashion East’s lineup included Leeds-native Mary Benson and Central Saint Martins graduates Caitlin Price and Ed Marler, the latter of whom staged a small runway show.
For more from LFW Fall 2015, click here.
- “It’s Embarrassing. We Know.”: How Cazzie David and Lorde Forged a Friendship on the Internet
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Luke Gilford Reimagines the American Cowboy