Elizabeth Taylor: A Beauty Tribute
Published March 25, 2011
On Wednesday, Hollywood lost one of its last true movie-star greats, and the world lost a legend. Elizabeth Taylor was many things: talented, ferocious, seductive, dramatic; but most of all, she was a rare breed of beauty that one only finds on film screens. With those signature brows, violet eyes and petite mouth, she was the envy of fellow women and the dream of men everywhere.
Makeup artist Dick Page put it best when he noted that Elizabeth Taylor used her beauty to cause a stir and make a fuss, to fight for causes that she believed in—namely AIDS research. She never took her looks for granted; she was well aware that she had the power to get people’s attention and force them to listen because of the way that she looked. It is her humanitarian work that truly makes Liz Taylor unequivocally beautiful, never fading, forever timeless. To remember her legacy, donate something—anything—to the cause that Elizabeth dedicated her life to: The Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation.
In memory of Elizabeth’s life and beauty, we decided to ask some of our favorite makeup artists to name their favorite Elizabeth Taylor moments and how those have influenced their work. Check out our slideshow, above, for a beauty tribute to the icon herself.
SARAH HOWARD IS THE EDITOR OF BEAUTY BANTER.
- Ask a Sane Person: Daniel Mendelsohn on “The New 1930s” and Schitt’s Creek
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November