PHOTOS: GER GER.
Hardware, grit, and a stunning lack of color marked Diesel Black Gold’s Spring/Summer ’16 collection. Season after season, designer Andreas Melbostad elevates the leather-and-denim groundwork set by parent label Diesel, but this season he showcased a more traditionally feminine twist on the staples. Dresses that nipped in at the waist, skirts that accentuated narrow hips, and the occasional flash of bright blue were the collection’s modus operandi. Often employing airier fabrics to offset the weight of the leather, Melbostad created garments that look as appropriate on a runway as off.
For more from New York Fashion Week, click here.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again