It’s New York Fashion Week and seasoned Interview photographers Shawn Brackbill, Christopher Gabello, Kate Owen, and Frank Sun are backstage and front row at our favorite shows. Check in daily and follow Shawn, Chris, Kate, and Frank on Interview’s Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for the latest updates.
Creatures of the Wind’s spring show was one of seemingly sparring juxtapositions—a Delft-tiled print jacket and canary yellow trousers; sporty bra tops and blazers; sequins and plaid. It all came together under a connecting thread of colorful, easy, feminine sportiness, with a touch of grunge. Hits of tomato red, teal and green check, and plum kept the looks upbeat, and bold striped high-waisted trousers, below-the-knee skirts, and roomy tops with structured sleeves grounded the collection, topped with blazers, anoraks, and varsity jackets. Our favorite look was the last to show: an almost Grecian-silhouetted, floor-length dress in a flannel plaid with slits— a “Come As You Are” alternative to the act of dressing up.
For more from New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2015, click here.
- A Truly Bonkers Conversation Between Lisa Kudrow and Lily Tomlin
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- That Time Brad Pitt Was Banned from China
- Gunna and Young Thug Share Rules to Live By: Smoke After Sex, Keep Your Kitchen Lit
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans