Published June 7, 2011
Chanel’s ubiquitous J12 watch has made the rounds on practically every wrist of the fashion, celebrity, and even political circuits (Hillary Clinton’s a fan; she has worn a white ceramic version). First introduced by the late artistic director Jacques Helleu—who also handpicked the faces of the house’s campaigns from Catherine Deneuve to Keira Knightley—the J12 initially came in classically understated iterations of black and white. Now, the iconic timepiece has undergone a futuristic makeover in a light-transforming gray—thus the new handle “Chromatic”—with its special ceramic-titanium body and diamond-powder finish. Chanel just brought time into the two-thousand-and-teens.
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- A no-nonsense conversation between Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Kerry Washington