ABOVE: APPLE DIAMOND RING FROM CHOPARD’S RED CARPET 2012 COLLECTION
Interview recently spoke with Marina Diamindis of Marina and the Diamonds, whose name inevitably conjured up thoughts of diamonds, Chopard, and Cannes. A fairly logical train-of-thought; since officially partnering with the film festival in 1998, Chopard’s diamonds have dominated the Cannes carpet. There is even a “Trophée Chopard,” which was re-envisioned as a prize for rising actors and actresses in 2001 (one of the first winners were Audrey Tautou). As usual, the Swiss jeweler and watchmaker (something for the men!) has designed 65 new pieces especially for theCannes 2012 Red Carpet. While we shall have to wait a few weeks to see the complete collection, earlier this month Chopard brought their jewelry workshop to the Ritz in Paris to preview a few pieces and showcase their gemsetters, jewelers, wax sculptors, and model-makers at work. It’s still early to single-out a favorite piece, but we are leaning towards this apple ring containing 200 diamonds—something a little frivolous to shake-up the notoriously bland award-season fashions.
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Hillbilly Elegy Is an Accidental Camp Masterpiece