It’s New York Fashion Week and seasoned Interview photographers Shawn Brackbill, Christopher Gabello, Kate Owen, and Frank Sun are backstage and front row at our favorite shows. Check in daily and follow Shawn, Chris, Kate, and Frank on Interview’s Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for the latest updates.
The first looks at Calvin Klein Collection, which walked earlier today, were a deep, evocative blue. Sometimes navy serves as an alternative to basic black, but here it was rich and full, on minimal silk dresses, a curve-hugging leather coat, and kicky, capri-length flares. The navy quickly evolved into cream and blue color-blocking and sexy, shoulder-baring sheer netted dresses. Red leather, in laser-cut tank tops and mini skirts, preceded angelic, ’90s-minded white floor-length looks and sparkly metallic minidresses. Francisco Costa has always played with the minimal house codes of Klein, but here the clothes were simple in the best possible way.
For more from New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2015, click here.
- Armchair Traveler: Rethinking Painting
- “I Was Born for This”: Angelica Ross Is Black, Trans, and Fearless
- “Everything Changed the Day The Chicks Interviewed Haim”
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- Jessie Ware Tells Róisín Murphy About Her New Album: “I Want People to Want to Have Sex”