At the Counter: Spring Blues
Published April 29, 2010
Baby blues can refer to lot more than the color God gave to your eyeballs. I recently took a jaunt into Sephora with Chanel Ambassador Jen Brill. We were swapping beauty tips and contemplating some of spring’s fun new trends—blue eyes, especially. Hot looks include a line under the bottom lash (seen above, at Nanette Lepore’s Spring 2010 show, with makeup by MAC) or a sweep of shadow over the lid (below, from Jenni Kayne’s Spring 2010 Fashion presentation, with makeup by Stila). When wearing blue, make sure to keep the rest of the face relatively clean and nude. We don’t want any competition for your eyes.
Depending on your skin tone—and your mood—you can get the look with an aqua, or something more brooding, like navy. My top eyeliner pick is Urban Decay‘s 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil in Binge (midnight blue) or Flipside (bright teal), while Jen likes Chanel‘s Le Crayon Yeux Precision Eye Definer in Blue Jean. For eye shadow, she’s fond of Stila‘s Eye Shadow Pan eye shadow: Stila Eye Shadow Pan in Azure (deep blue) or Indigo (navy). For something a little brighter, try Make Up For Ever‘s Turquoise Matte, but use with caution!
Sarah Howard is the editor of Beauty Banter.
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Hillbilly Elegy Is an Accidental Camp Masterpiece