Hands Off! Backpacks On
Published August 10, 2011
Get into the back-to-school spirit—and forget your hand-held handbag. From sleek leather to crocodile skin and, yes, even fur, these edgy spins on a classic accessory make backpacks more desirable than ever—not to mention spacious. Givenchy not only offers a simple classic black leather backpack, but an all-black fur option with side pockets. We can’t guarantee onlookers won’t try and pet it.
What’s great about our top backpack looks is that they don’t look or feel like typical backpack—especially Jeremy Scott’s backpack, which is designed to look like a black leather jacket and comes complete with a collar and metal belt buckle. The Row recently launched a line of handbags that included a crocodile skin backpack with a gold-plated finish across the top. Alexander Wang’s versatile Martie backpack has convertible straps; it can be carried on the shoulder or as a messenger bag. The unique zipper down the middle of the strap gives it that extra rocker edge. See it and the rest of our favorite backpacks in the slideshow above.
- A Truly Bonkers Conversation Between Lisa Kudrow and Lily Tomlin
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True