Andrea Pompilio gave his sportswear and tailoring the graphic treatment in the Spring 2013 show he presented at Florence’s immense Statzione Leopolda last night. Black/orange safety stripes cut across blousons, inside the legs of boxer shorts, and up the backsides of transparent knee socks. Big sweatshirts mocked sweater plaids in optic bright checks and every now and then a contrast color sleeve or waistband. Tennis hats took the place of sunglasses in tinted transparent plastic. Pompilio knows his stuff. He has launched his eponymous brand for Fall 2011 after previous stints with Calvin Klein, Yves Saint Laurent and Prada and this was reflected in a collection with something for everybody. And so besides the graphics, he had a few things for menswear romantics in Liberty prints for fatigue jackets, and even in terry for short sleeve jacket and boxer short suits.
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse