Weekend News Roundup! Babies for Beckhams and Kate Hudson; New Madonna Songs, Maybe; New Rebecca Black Song, Definitely
Published July 11, 2011
WE’RE HAPPY TO PASS ALONG MADONNA RUMORS, BUT WE’RE NOT STARTING ANY OF OUR OWN, BECAUSE WE’RE INTIMIDATED.
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Victoria Beckham gave birth to a healthy baby girl on Sunday morning. Her daughter weighs 7 pounds, 10 ounces, so Victoria probably hasn’t put her on a diet just yet. Her name is Harper Seven—could that middle name be a reference to David’s jersey number for Manchester United? If so, that’s annoying. [Page 6]
• Kate Hudson had a baby, too! Hers is a boy, and he was born on Saturday, so take that, Victoria Beckham. His father is Hudson’s fiancé, Muse frontman Matthew Bellamy. [People]
• A Twitter user has been uploading some clips recorded outside Madonna’s London apartment that may or may not be new Madonna songs(!!!!). There are lots of other rumors in this post about it, none of which could be confirmed. [ONTD]
• Transformers 3 held onto the weekend box office with $47M; the movie has made $261M so far, sigh. Horrible Bosses beat Zookeeper for the #2 spot, with $28M and $21M, respectively. (Frankly, we’re surprised.We cannot figure out who the target demographic for Zookeeper is supposed to be.) Cars 2 and Bad Teacher finished out the top 5 with $15M and $9M. [BOM]
• The bass player for Coheed and Cambria, Mike Todd, was arrested for allegedly stealing six bottles of OxyContin from a Walgreens in Massachusetts after showing pharmacists a note on his phone saying he had a bomb. The band will continue its tour without him. [NYT]
• Rebecca Black will release another song, “My Moment,” a week from today at 8 p.m. on her YouTube channel and her website. We were hoping she’d write “Tuesday,” but we’re willing to wait. [THR]
• Tila Tequila is moving to New York City. Stock up on the essentials—bustiers, lip gloss, etc.—before she discovers Ricky’s and guts it. [Gothamist]